A Dedicated Attorney With Experience In Elder Law, Estate Planning, Tax And Business
As a sole practitioner, Paul S. Ward is able to give each of his clients the personal attention they deserve. From elder law issues such as Medicaid and guardianship to tax planning and estate administration, he offers a range of legal services. Mr. Ward is a member of the Military Officers Association of America (MOAA) Lawyer Listing Service. When you step into his Williamsburg, Virginia, office you can be sure that you will meet directly with him, and that he will be at your side throughout the process.
Paul S. Ward
Location: Williamsburg, Virginia
Paul S. Ward, P.C., is a law firm located in Williamsburg, Virginia representing clients in the areas of:
- Elder law
- Federal and Virginia tax law
- Estates, Trusts, Probate and Guardianships
Mr. Ward is a certified elder law attorney (CELA), and certified public accountant (CPA).
Mr. Ward’s approach to estate planning is to evaluate each client’s personal goals and financial situation, and to develop a customized plan for each client. He utilizes both traditional estate planning vehicles and innovative techniques that integrate personal estate planning goals with a client’s business and financial plans. Mr. Ward represents his clients on a highly personal level and takes the time to understand issues and provide custom tailored solutions. His goal is to support clients in developing a sense of security for their families and themselves.
Mr. Ward has extensive experience in the growing specialized area of elder law. The National Elder Law Foundation has certified Mr. Ward as an elder law attorney, making him one of only a few attorneys in Virginia to earn this designation. As an elder law attorney, Mr. Ward advises clients on a variety of legal issues concerning the elderly, including but not limited to Virginia Medicaid and nursing home planning, estate planning, guardianships, and taxes. Mr. Ward’s services include preparing and defending Virginia Medicaid applications. As a certified public accountant and member of the U.S. Tax Court Bar, Mr. Ward offers basic and advanced tax services to clients. Services include tax return preparation and representation before the Internal Revenue Service, Virginia Department of Revenue, and United States Tax Court. Mr. Ward has extensive experience in assisting taxpayers resolve tax debts through the IRS offer to compromise (OIC) program. Mr. Ward’s tax clients include individuals, estates, trusts, partnerships, nonprofit foundations and corporations. Mr. Ward is a member of the Military Officers Association of America (MOAA) Lawyer Listing Service.
Areas of Practice
- Estate and Trust Planning – Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney, Advanced Health Care Directives
- Probate and Trust Administration – Estates, Small Estates, Revocable and Irrevocable Trusts
- Medicaid Nursing Home Planning
- Medicaid Applications
- Tax Return Preparation – Individuals (1040), Businesses (1120, 1120S, 1065) and Fiduciaries (1041)
- IRS Offers in Compromise
- IRS Collection Issues
- Virginia Department of Taxation Appeals
- Internal Revenue Service Appeals
- U.S. Tax Court Representation
- 5% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Elder Law Attorney (CELA), The National Elder Law Foundation
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Florida State University College of Law, Tallahassee, Florida
- J.D. – 1984
- Indiana University, USA
- M.B.A. – 1998
- University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, USA
- B.S. – 1981
- Major: Accounting
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Williamsburg Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar Association
- Virginia CPA Society
As a certified public accountant and certified elder law attorney* Paul S. Ward can help clients with many aspects of estate and tax planning.